Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Working within my means....

So I've been off from work for a little while now and I got the DIY bug!!! With my sister moving out, I am attempting to redo her office back into a spare bedroom.

I divert for some history---When I moved in to my home seven years ago, the carpets were freshly steam cleaned. My sister moved in, bought a cat (training didn't go so well), cat pees all over office carpet, we clean and re-clean as much as possible. But with all the 'stuff' that was in there at the time, getting the carpet up and out was out of the question....NOT ANYMORE!!!

I got the carpet and padding up in one day and gone the next (with the help of my dad and his pickup). Must to my dismay, I was left with Armstrong asbestos vinyl tile. If you know anything about them, it's enough to give any homeowner worries. ***BRING IN MY STRESS***

So this is going to be on-going. Here are some of the pictures of what it looks like now. I forgot to take pictures of the carpet, but take my word for it, they were bad. They smelled and were still damp (ewww...#grossfactor!!!)




Most of the tile is still in good condition. Thanks to the assistance of Pinterest and The Space Between with their Asbestos experience.


After a lengthy phone call with an inspector today, I decided to save myself $675 (US Currency) and I'm going to be covering the floor with carpet. Is that what I want, No. Is that what I'm going to do? Yes!

I have some colors picked out already, I'll be checking out the room in the morning to see what it looks like when the sun comes in and then off to the paint store to get rolling while the weather here in wonderful Maryland is nice!

Until next time.

Always Smile

Theresa  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment